Thank you for deciding to submit a script for the Moss Hart & Kitty Carlisle Hart New Play Initiative. We look forward to reading it soon! We hope to keep the process as painless as possible for playwrights. All you need to do is submit your script in the format described below.
Submitted scripts must be in pdf format and include a character list (with potential doubling if necessary), a short synopsis, and a title page which includes the following information:
- Name, Address, Primary Phone Number
- Title of Play
- Previous Productions (if any). Please include theater, location and dates of run.
Please also include a short resume or bio as a separate pdf file.
You may also include other supporting materials if you desire (reviews, etc).
All playwrights are eligible to submit one script each year.
Scripts must meet the following criteria:
- The play may not have had more than two productions.
- The play must be unpublished.
- The play cannot have had more than 10 performances in New York City.
- The play must be able to be performed with 8 performers or less.
- We’re sorry, but no musicals can be accepted at this time (this may change in later years).
- The play must have no artistic encumbrances (so no individuals contractually attached to the piece).
Please email scripts to Kevin Cochran at email@example.com.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email within a few days, please follow up to make sure your submission was received.
We will be accepting scripts through January 19, 2018.
Schedule of the Moss Hart & Kitty Carlisle Hart New Play Initiative
March 26, 2018
Sixteen Semi-Finalists are announced.
April 23, 2018
Eight Finalists are announced.
May 21, 2018
Four plays receiving readings are announced.
July 12, 13, 14 & 15, 2018
Readings held in Theater B of 59E59 Theaters in New York City.
July 24, 2018
The two plays moving on to production are announced.
September to November, 2018
Two plays are produced at Grove Theater Center in Burbank.
November 28, 2018
The play moving on to 59E59 Theaters in New York City is announced.
March 13 to April 21, 2019
Off-Broadway production in the 192-seat Theater A of 59E59 Theaters.
(all dates subject to change)